- First National Bank of North Arkansas was founded in 1889.
- Founded by Dr. W.P. George as the Carroll County Bank.
- 1913 Received National Bank Charter and renamed First National Bank of of Berryville.
- 1926 Digby C. West began 58 year banking career which included serving as President of the Arkansas Bankers Association in 1960.
- 1933 Survived and stayed open during THE GREAT DEPRESSION when 3/4 of Arkansas banks closed.
- 1975 Granted Trust Powers and to this day have the only home based Trust Department in Carroll County.
- 1986 Opened Carroll Center office in Berryville, Arkansas.
- 1989 100th Anniversary: Total Assets $86,000,000.00
- 1990 Opened office in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
- 1991 Opened office in Green Forest, Arkansas.
- 1994 Employee Stock Ownership Trust formed with employees purchasing 33% of the bank.
- 1994 Wayne Clark, Chairman and CEO elected President of the Arkansas Bankers Association.
- 1996 Opened office in Holiday Island, Arkansas.
- 1996 Opened office in Berryville, Arkansas called our 62 West Office.
- 2003 Opened office in Huntsville, Arkansas.
- 2007 Opened office in Harrison, Arkansas.
- 2011 Changed name to First National Bank of North Arkansas to better facilitate planned expansion.
- 2011 Opened office in Marshall, Arkansas.
- 2012 Opened office in Yellville, Arkansas.
Main Office, circa 1898
The First National Bank of North Arkansas has served Carroll County, Arkansas since 1889. Our long history of success has been based on our personalized service and our commitment to the community we serve.Some things never change.
Berryville Main Office, 1973